I can’t believe we are already at the end of the term! The last couple weeks have been very up and down, with a lot of changes.  It has impacted my musical growth plan a little bit in that practice time has been sporadic with all the changes in schedules and routines.  I have been able to reach my goal for my songs however, for the most part.  Below is the link to my video playing “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz.  I am mostly happy with where I got to in my learning, though I could get a little smoother in the chord transitions, and I still slow down a bit in the middle of the song as I find it tricky to sing and strum the bridge part.  I reached where I wanted to be by the end of this project, but I do wish I was able to do it a little more confidently.  I hadn’t anticipated how tricky it would be to put the strumming, chord transitions, and singing together, and I think that is what I have had the most difficulty with throughout this assignment.   I would get to where I could do each part well on its own, but putting them together was another thing and it took more time than I expected.

https://youtu.be/8AddojgUhYA

I have really enjoyed learning how to play the ukulele and would love to continue on with it.  I think it would be a wonderful skill to be able to bring into the classroom both in a music teacher role as well as in the everyday classroom.  I can see how ukulele could be incorporated into the classroom especially in primary grades.  A goal I have is to learn a few songs that would be appropriate and fun for the younger grades, and try and bring these songs into my future classroom.  Though I feel far from being comfortable playing in front of a class at this point, I think if I kept practicing, learning, and growing in confidence, I would one day be able to.  So while this marks the end of my musical growth assignment,  it is actually far from over!