Photo by Bruno Nascimento on Unsplash

For my tech class, we have been assigned to do a free inquiry project about something that we are passionate about or interested in.  After considering a few ideas, I have decided to do my inquiry about how to prepare for a half marathon.  Running is something I really enjoy.  I find that when I run regularly, not only do I feel better physically, but my mental health also improves.  I used to run frequently, and completed a half marathon 5 years ago, but I didn’t train properly for that,  and just decided last minute to register.  Over the last couple years with being in school, working, and the busyness of being a mom, I haven’t had the same amount of time to run as I used to.  I am out of shape and miss the positive effects running had on me.  So this inquiry project provides the perfect opportunity to get back into something I love, and learn more about how to properly prepare for a half marathon so my body is really ready for it.  I think my biggest challenge will be finding the time to run multiple times a week to train, but with good time management and determination I think it will be possible!  The Oak Bay half marathon takes place on May 24th this year, so my goal through this inquiry project is to be ready physically and mentally for this race.  I will research what training schedule will work best for me, what diet best supports getting your body ready for long distance running, along with what positive effects running can have for both your body and brain.  Though this feel a little daunting right now,  I am very excited to get back to running and learn more about how I can prepare the half marathon, one step at a time!